Feta Cheese is the product of Greece which belongs to the white cheese category and it is part of the Mediterranean diet, to be consumed daily and in combination with other dairy products, twice a day.
This salad is a healthy food that can be eaten for lunch or as a light dinner after a healthy exercise.
Pear Salad with walnuts and Feta cheese
The Ingredients for the dish
3 Average sized Pears
2 Tbs of walnut nuts
½ cup of pea sprouts
3.5 Oz of Greek Feta Cheese
Ingredients for the dressing
2 tsps of virgin olive oil
2 tsps of vinegar
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp of finely chopped chive
The Execution Method
- Start with the dressing. Put all ingredients for the dressing in a ball that has a lid on top. Close the lid and shake well till they mix. Let it stand
- Clean the lettuce well. Dry it and then cut it in large pieces.
- Wash and cut the pears into slices. You can peel the skin before slicing it, if you want, but it is preferable to use as it since the skin has a lot of fibre and nutrients.
- Put in a large ball, the pears, the cut lettuce, the pea sprouts, the feta cheese and the walnut nuts. Just before serving it, you pour the dressing.
- The dosage is for 4 servings.
- It combines well with a light fresh white.